Visitors will be able to enter the country's national parks for free on 10 days in 2017 selected by the National Park Service.One of the designated days is August 25 -- the National Park Service's birthday.
Here are the fee-free days:
* January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
* February 20: Presidents Day
* April 15-16 & April 22-23: National Park Week Weekends
* August 25: National Park Service Birthday
* September 30: National Public Lands Day
* November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
“National parks, known for their priceless beauty, are a bargain anytime, but on these10 days in 2017, they really will be priceless,” says National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis. “We want everyone to visit their national parks, and fee-free days provide an extra incentive to experience these amazing places.”
On these days, all NPS sites will waive entrance fees for all visitors. The waiver does not cover amenity or user fees for things such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.